Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pacific Coast Freezeway and Avenue of Giants

Current location: Petaluma, CA
Total miles traveled: 4,336 miles

Oh San Fran, you torture me so!

Today was a great day for traveling, but good gracious almighty it was frigidly cold in this piece! We had to stop 3 times just to warm up. We didn't even leave our hotel until 11:15 am because we were trying to see if it would warm up a bit. When we left Crescent City, it was only 56 degrees. Imagine how freezy cold we were!

About an hour into our drive, we turned off into a place called Avenue of the Giants. Wow, oh wow is all I have to say. That place is phenomenal. The trees are massive. I bet 10 friends couldn't hug one tree all the way around. We tried with the two of us and let me tell you, we barely covered any ground. We couldn't even hold one corner of that tree. Even though we were cold, it was totally worth it to be in such a gorgeous place. The diameter and height was larger than any tree I've ever seen in our part of the woods.

Now, I am certain you are asking yourself the very important and inquisitive question about our location. Why are we not in San Francisco? Good question, my friend! That would be because there is only one hotel room in the entire city of San Fran available to our knowledge. It was a trashy hotel and they wanted $209 a night! No ma'am!!!!! Not ok, and not going to happen. So, we are staying outside the city tonight and tomorrow.

I am finding it so hard to stay weight watcher motivated on this trip. If you are a friend from WW, please text me often to remind me that nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I keep forgetting that when confronted with temptation!

We've seen some pretty AWESOME business names along the way. Here are some of our favorites.

1. Curl up & dye (hair salon)
2. Deeeeez Cutz (barber shop)
3. Brewed Awakening (coffee shop)

The best bumper sticker so far... Legalize gay cupcakes. Hahahahaha!

We did make it through Washington and Oregon with NO rain!! Whooooohoo!

All y'all that tease us about our age difference will find this humorous. The other day, we were checking in a hotel and the cute little Chinese lady thought that I was Ricky's child. I know I look very youthful, but I certainly didn't realize I was that youthful. :)

I can't wait to tell you about our San Francisco adventures tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment