Saturday, July 7, 2012

Oh man, Montana!

Current location: Bozeman, MT
Total miles traveled: 2,728 miles

Oh boy, our day was busy and amazing. So far, it has been the greatest day of our trip. My husband told me that our hotel was three hours from Yellowstone National Park. Three hours, my rear end! It took us almost six hours to arrive at Yellowstone, and oh my goodness, it was a gorgeous ride! We rode through a place called Cody, WY and it was easily one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. There were beautiful rivers, mountains, and even waterfalls along the way. It was absolutely stunning. I can't believe that there are actually places in this world where God allows such beauty in one place. Completely and absolutely breathtaking.

During our travel to the park, we stopped at a gas station to fill up and met a lovely couple from Arkansas. I am about to tell you about something so cute that you might cry. In all my 24 years, I have never seen anything that comes close to this level of pure cuteness. Since I am a teacher, I encounter intense levels of cuteness daily, but nothing compares. The couple had a sweet little yorkie accompanying them on their trip. Her name was Annie Rae from Arkansas. She had camo goggles and sat so sweetly in their motorcycle with them. Ricky thinks it's no big deal; however, I found her to surpass any previous cuteness records held! See pictures below.

While in Yellowstone, we froze! It was totally worth it through. We saw beautiful landscape, beautiful water, a bunch of beautiful animals, and some cool geysers. Old Faithful was amazing. They predicted it to erupt at 7:08 pm so we waited and sure enough, 7:08 rolled around and she blew! We walked to the bike to leave around 7:15, but didn't actually leave the park until after 9:00! It was such a massive place. We were actually inside the park for over 5 hours. It was immaculate. Another hindering factor was the fact that we kept seeing animals as we made our way to the exit. Of course, we had to stop each time. First, we saw one lonesome buffalo grazing. We took his cute little picture. Then, we saw a group of elk. They were far away, but we got some good pictures. We drove a few miles and saw another little group of elk. This happened about 4 times until, wow! They were literally within arms length from the road. Gorgeous pictures were produced as a result!

It took us so long to get out that it was after 11 when we got checked into this piece of a hotel. Smoking rooms were the only ones available, and as two non-smokers, we had to spray perfume all throughout the room. I had to waste half of my bottle of Victoria's Secret Bombshell. It wasn't too bad though and we were so cold, I probably would have taken it even if they'd said we had to share it with chickens.

Tomorrow, we will venture to Washington! I hope it is warm there and that we have a fun day of traveling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment