Saturday, July 14, 2012

In The Jungle

Current location: Los Angeles, CA
Total miles traveled: 4,909 miles

Yesterday was another awesome, but unique day for us. I am writing this blog a day late from a boat, nonetheless. We went whale watching, but only saw a few sea lions. We were able to go out on a boat into the ocean though so I can't complain.

Yesterday, the day started with the realization that although our hotel is super nice (aside from no English and no laundry) the location is kind of scary. After speaking to several people about this, I've realized that next time, we will be booking in Hollywood... Not LA! First, a very high woman was screaming something about her cousin about two blocks from our hotel. As we got a little closer, she turned her attention to us and boy was it wild! She started yelling "you ain't my cousin!! You ain't my cousin!" while pointing at Ricky. Then she called him a very ugly name and yelled "you ain't my cousin but she is" while pointing at me. As soon as this happened, we looked at each other and decided to drive instead of walking. I think that was a great plan! We continued to see crazy, drugged out people all day. The day before, we saw a very obvious drug user who was walking around eating graham crackers. She started walking away and less than a minute later, we saw her and a man walking into the woods together. Amazing how people will decide to lead that kind of life just because of drugs.

We spent the day in Hollywood and I got to get together with my long lost friend Eric who now lives on Hollywood. We had a great time catching up.

While in Hollywood, we went on a celebrity homes tour where we got to see a lot of famous people's houses. We saw the houses of Jennifer Aniston, Al Pachino, Madonna, Lucile Ball, Courtney Cox, Larry King, Tom Cruise, Justin Timberlake, and Kanye West to name a few. It was pretty awesome!

Tonight I will try to upload some pictures after we get back from another day on the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment