Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mighty Montana, Youdaho, and Spokane

Current location: Spokane, Washington
Total miles traveled: 3,140 miles

Good early evening from Spokane, Washington! It's before 10:00 pm and we are already checked into a hotel, and almost ready to go to sleep. This means that we had a fabulous day. We had a yummy breakfast (I had waffles with peanut butter, yum!) and got going early this a.m. First, we visited Yellowstone Harley-Davidson. If you are ever given the chance to visit, do what we did... Skip it and head to HD in Missoula. It is way too expensive there. I found a tank top to try on until I looked down at the price and realized it was $59!! Yes, a tank top! The t-shirts were almost $40. Ridiculous! We scooted over to Missoula and found much more reasonable prices.

Ricky got stung by a cute little honeybee lookalike today. He started doing the bee sting dance and I was terrified that he was going to run our bike off te road. I'm a worrywart, but it was terrifying.

The weather today was just plain weird. It would be sunny and hot one minute, then cold and wet the next. We literally went through at least 5 one to two minute rain storms. We got slightly wet, dried out, and got slightly wet all over again. The landscape through the remainder of Montana and the entire state of Idaho was so handsome. It reminded me of our honeymoon in Hawaii because there was so much mountainous water in the area. It looked lke something from a postcard. I am amazed and overwhelmed by the immaculate beauty of this country we live in. We are only about 25 miles into Washington, so we've only seen one busy city, but I think the remainder of the state will impress us. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys!
    I've really enjoyed reading your blog! Up to Yellowstone you guys are traveling the same roads that Jennifer and I did last year on our cross country road trip, just in reverse! We stopped at almost all the same places :) I'm excited to read about the rest of your trip though because we went south from Yellowstone. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Thanks Lindsay! :)

      Delete