Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kansas smanzsas

Current location: Salina, KS
Total miles traveled: 6, 646 miles

Greetings from the land of all things wizard of oz! We did make it to the beautiful and amazing Denver, CO and beyond. I must tell you, I absolutely adore all thing Colorado. It's such a beautiful, cultural diverse, and successful location, and I love it. Each time I visit Colorado, I fall a little more in love with it.

Today, we rode soooooooo long. After we left Colorado, we entered Kansas and whew, Kansas sure is flat. Nothing but straight grass and hay were visible for the last 4 hours of our day. It would have been better if there had been horses or other animals like Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Tumbleweed are also wandering around this place. Odd.

Something crazy happened to us this week. One say earlier in the week, Ricky accidentally walked into the women's bathroom. He saw a lady at the sink and immediatly closed the door and headed out. Well, I laughed at him for his mistake because it ws hilarious. Today, we stopped at a truck stop to use the restroom. I quickly found the bathroom and yawned as I entered. I could hear someone using te bathroom, but I didn't really think anything of it. I glanced in the mirror right before I went in the stall. My first thought was that te bathroom looked weird... Different than any bathroom I had been in before. Then, I noticed the filthy, dirty haired MAN standing at the urinal! Oh MY gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I screamed "Dear God! I have walked into the wrong bathroom. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I didn't see anything! Sorry!!!!!!!" with my hands over my face and in the loudest voice possible. It was the most embarrassing moment ever. He stood there silently until he grunted and said "that's ok!" I am sure I was the source of a good laugh last night. We fled that gas station quicker than a bank robber. Ricky didn't even have time to use it because I made him leave so fast.

Before I went inside, we were approached by a gross looking man. He told us a sad story about their car being broken and not having the money to get back to Denver. He smelled drunk. We have been trying to be better about giving money to people simply because of our situation in West Virginia, but due to his drunken smell, we did not give him any money. It was a good thing too because mere minutes later, he went in, bought beer, and was in the backseat drinking. Wow. This is exactly why I am hesitant to help anyone. If that had been my $10, I would have lost my cookies. I probably would have had to go off on his face. He better be glad we were not so kind.

Ricky took me out for a nice dinner last night. It was great to relax after a long day of Kansas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment