Tuesday, July 10, 2012

California Dreaming

Current location: Crescent City, CA
Total miles traveled: 4,009 miles

Oh, California, it is so great to be back! Today has been a wonderful day. It began with our usual "ready Betty? Let's ride, Clyde!" Then we were out of Washington. We did have to make a pit stop by the post office to mail back most of our luggage. On a motorcycle, the worst part is that you can't keep alot with you so anytime you buy any new clothes, you have to send old stuff back.

We also ate at a very yummy Mexican restaurant that brought you refried beans and salsa to dip your chips in. Delish! I've said for years that we should do that at home. It was so yummy and I am so glad that we stopped there.

After we ate, we headed out to highway 5 and began our daily travels. When we were almost to California, we stopped at McDonald's so that we could use wifi to book our hotel room. Oh my gosh, it was the greatest McDonald's stop ever. I can't comment on what happened, but some hilarity ensued and we (mostly I) giggled so hard that a lady across from us got up and left. We know that she left because of our actions due to the fact that she was in the parking lot using the wifi in her car. I know that I laughted for at least 20 minutes, but some folks just don't know funny!

We finally, finally, finally arrived in California around 10 tonight! Amazing! We are so glad to be back. It was one cold ride though. 10 pm on a motorcycle is just plain cold. We drove through the redwood forest last night and although it was dark, what I was able to see was super cool! Giant trees that are larger than cars. I don't think anyone could hug those trees. :) I was so scared driving through because all I could think about was the fact that bears could be lurking at any corner and if we hit one of those monster trees, it would be a BAD day!

Tomorrow, I hope we can make it to San Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment